Cassandra Farrin is a speculative fiction author and a production manager in the book industry with more than ten years of experience ushering stories through every step of the editorial, production, and distribution processes. A Shin Buddhist with research interests in the history of religion and nonviolent communication, Cassandra studied intercultural communication and interfaith dialogue on a US-UK Fulbright scholarship and a Lilly Foundation grant, and taught college-level religious studies for several years before she made the leap to publishing. She now coordinates production for Erewhon Books, an indie publisher of groundbreaking speculative fiction, and CamCat Books, an indie publisher of propulsive genre fiction. When she’s not immersed in making other people’s books, she reads, reviews, and writes speculative historical (or historically-inspired) fiction herself. She lives in Idaho with her twin sister and their two adoptive children. Follow her on Twitter @CassaCassaCassa.
Cassandra has plans in the works to launch a Speculative Reader’s Notebook, a monthly longform essay on new releases in science fiction, fantasy, and horror. If you’d like to protect her from the void by being one of her very first readers, sign up here.
- Bath Novel Award 2019 Long List, an international prize for emerging novelists
- Bath Children’s Novel Award 2018 Short List, an international prize for novels written for children or young adults; for the full announcement, click here
- FutureScapes 2021 and 2019 Science Fiction & Fantasy Workshop, a selective workshop with a faculty of editors, agents, and writers on the leading edge of spec fic
- Science Fiction Writers Association 2019 mentee
- US-UK Fulbright ’08, researching the role of listening in intercultural and interfaith dialogue
- Publications in Frontier Poetry, Cirque, concīs, the Ploughshares blog, and elsewhere